Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Servings: 2-4
2 leg quarters from The Old Fashioned Farmstead; divided into drums and thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion; sliced
2 cloves garlic
8 ounces white wine of choice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 sprigs rosemary
3 sprigs thyme
fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Set a 12-14 inch skillet (oven proof; cast iron works great) over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, place the chicken skin side down in the pan.
- Sear for about 5-7 minutes until the skin is golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over and add the onion, garlic, wine, lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
- Place the entire skillet in the oven and roast for about 15-18 minutes.
- Once done, pull the pan from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!